Last Updated: February 23, 2016
Notice to California Residents – Your California Privacy Rights.
California Civil Code lets California residents request that Parcast not share their personal information with third parties for their direct marketing uses. To make a request, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please see the “Your Choices and Changes” section of this Policy to learn more.
We collect information you provide to us. For example, we may collect your name, email address, postal address, phone number, video and photo image and likeness, demographics, gender, birth date, and other information you give us. We may also get information from others and combine it with information we collect through our Services.
When you use our Services, some information is automatically collected. For example, when you visit our websites your computer’s operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times, browser type and language, and the website you visited before our site are logged automatically. We also collect information about your usage and activity on our Services. When you download and use our applications, or access the Services from your mobile device, we may also log information related to your device. We may log, for example, your device type, serial number, device identifiers, and the type and version of your mobile operating systems. Third parties who operate the platforms that host our Services may also automatically collect information from you and share that information with us subject to their privacy policies.
Cookies. We may automatically collect information using “cookies.” Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive by a website. Among other things, cookies help us improve our Services and your experience.
Web Beacons. We may collect information using Web beacons. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used on our Services or in our emails. We use Web beacons, for example, to deliver cookies, understand your usage and our campaigns, and tell if you open and interact with an email.
We may collect this information through third party tracking services like Google Analytics.
OUR ADS ON THIRD PARTY WEBSITES.
We may use information we get through third-party cookies and web beacons on our Services and in our emails to show ads to you on third-party websites. We may also use cookie information to find out if you return to our websites after visiting these third-party websites. We use this and other information about you to learn which ads work, learn your interests, and show you relevant ads.
USE OF INFORMATION
We use personal information we collect through our Services as described in this Policy. We may also tell you about other ways we use your information as you use our Services. Examples of how we may use your information include to:
- provide and improve our Services;
- learn more about you to make your experience better;
- use your name, image, voice, and likeness, to promote the Parcast.com and our podcasts, services and your content if you are a partner;
- process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- send you information, including confirmations, statements, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- communicate with you about new promotions, rewards, events, and other news about Parcast.com and our podcasts and our select partners;
- link or combine your information with other data we get from third parties; and
- protect, investigate, and deter against fraud and unauthorized or illegal acts.
Parcast may store and process personal information in the United States.
We do not sell, rent, or otherwise provide your personal information to outside marketers.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Our Services let you share your actions, comments, photos, videos, content, and other information (collectively “Content”) with the public. Please think of your own privacy needs as you choose what to upload, share, and make public on the Service. We cannot control the privacy or security of information and content once you make it public or share it with others.
We do not share your personal information with third parties other than as follows:
- with your consent, for example, when you agree to let us share your information with other third parties for their own marketing uses subject to their own privacy policies;
- with third party vendors, consultants, and other service providers that work for us and need access to your information to do that work;
- with third party partners that assist us in providing the Services;
- in connection with, or during negotiation of, any merger, financing, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, transaction, or proceeding involving sale, transfer, divestiture, or disclosure of all or a portion of our business or assets to another company.
We may also share aggregated or deidentified information.
THE SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We take reasonable measures to protect the information that we collect from or about you (including your personal information) from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. However, no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of any information you provide to us.
YOUR CHOICES AND CHANGES
If you opt out of receiving emails, we may still send you non-promotional emails, like emails about your accounts or our ongoing business relations. You may also send requests about your contact choices, changes to your information, and how to opt-out of sharing your personal information with third parties by emailing email@example.com.
Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can typically set your browser to remove or reject cookies. If you choose to remove or reject cookies, certain features on our websites may not work.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Parcast may change this Policy from time to time. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will change the “Last Updated” date above.